JOB STATUS : FULL TIME
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Senior Accountant at the Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for advanced accounting functions including preparing monthly management accounts, statutory and regulatory filings and special projects; provide financial analysis and have responsibility for ensuring financial records and reports are accurate and reliable, and are in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards and regulatory requirements.
EDUCATION/QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
At least five (5) years of experience performing mid-level accounting and finance functions, preferably in a financial institution accounting department or equivalent combination of education and experience; Advanced degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA/ACCA/CMA designation or equivalent or a career path towards achieving professional designation with financial controls and
management reporting experience; Thorough knowledge and experience in developing accounting principles and procedures; Experience with creating financial statements; and Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Complete Statistical Analysis, Statutory Returns and Regulatory Reports
- Manage the Investment Portfolio, Card Services and Credit Union Assets
- Liaise with the Operations and Loans Departments for cash management
- Recommend actions on strategic issues, including service to members
- Undertake Cost Benefit Analysis for Capital Investments, New services and Special Projects
- Manage the Accounting & Finance Department in the absence of the Accounting and Finance Manager
Skills and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good leadership qualities and supervisory skills
- Strong problem solving and creative skills
- High level of integrity and dependability
Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
Application and two (2) references may be sent to:
The General Manager
Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited
P. O. Box 452, Chapel Street
All applications must be received not later than Tuesday October 31, 2017