JOB TITLE: COMPLIANCE ASSISTANT
JOB STATUS: FULL TIME
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Compliance Assistant at the Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited.
The Compliance Assistant will perform a supporting role in identifying processes and programmes in the Credit Union that require change in order to maintain compliance with applicable laws and industry standards, and designing improvements for processes and implementing changes that will resolve the issues identified.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Assist in Monitoring and implementing compliance regulations and changes set forth by local regulatory agencies and international best practices that result in satisfactory third party audits and regulatory examinations.
- Keep abreast of developments regarding laws, regulations and emerging trends in Compliance.
- Maintain rapport with the staff and management to effectively communicate and train the NCCU team on relative compliance information.
- Assist in identifying and communicating compliance deficiencies and potential problems to management along with recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in performing daily review, monitoring, and analysis of various reports, logs, and transaction data to identify trends, unusual activity, and monitor large currency activity to determine if transactions are suspicious in nature.
EDUCATION/QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Management and at least three (3) years’ experience in banking or any other associated field.
- Training in Anti-Money Laundering procedures and familiarity with the Co-operatives Societies Act, 2011 of St. Kitts and Nevis
- Strong oral, written and business communication skills.
- Excellent Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to conduct risk based auditing and reviews;
- Working knowledge of AML/CFT related laws, regulations and guidelines;
- Ability to work independently;
The Human Resource Manager
Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited
P. O. Box 452, Corner of Chapel Street and Featherbed Alley
All applications must be received not later than Friday January 29, 2021.