JOB TITLE: COMPLIANCE OFFICER
JOB STATUS: FULL TIME
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Compliance Officer at the Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited.
The Compliance Officer will oversee the Corporate Compliance Programme, and function in an independent and objective manner to review and evaluate compliance issues/concerns within the Credit Union. The individual should be able to work independently under general direction with extensive latitude for initiative and judgment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Monitor and implement compliance regulations and changes set forth by local regulatory agencies and international best practices that result in satisfactory third party audits and regulatory examinations.
- Develop and maintain rapport with the staff and management to effectively communicate and train the NCCU team on relative compliance information.
- Identify and communicate compliance deficiencies and potential problems to management along with recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate to establish and complete compliance self-assessment (audit) program to maintain compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Perform daily review, monitoring, and analysis of various reports, logs, and transaction data to identify trends, unusual activity, and monitor large currency activity to determine if transactions are suspicious in nature.
EDUCATION/QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field;
- Experience in banking as well as training in Anti-Money Laundering procedures and a broad understanding of the Co-operatives Societies Act, 2011 of St. Kitts and Nevis, USA Patriot Act, Banking Act, OFAC Sanctions;
- Compliance Certification e.g. CAMS.
- Strong oral, written and business communication skills.
- Excellent Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Commensurate with qualification and experience
Application and two (2) references may be sent to:
The Human Resource Manager
Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited
Corner of Chapel Street and Featherbed Alley
P. O. Box 452, CHARLESTOWN, Nevis.
All applications must be received not later than Friday March 01, 2019.