JOB TITLE: INTERNAL AUDIT ASSISTANT
JOB STATUS: FULL TIME
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Internal Audit Assistant at the Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited.
The Internal Audit Assistant will be required to provide support to the Internal Auditor with regards to effective oversight over the NCCU internal controls. The individual will assist in encouraging and promoting compliance with relevant laws and statutory requirements.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Assist in conducting risk assessment of assigned departments or functional areas.
- Assist with assessing the adequacy of internal controls and determine compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assist in reviewing policies and procedures and providing recommendations for improvement to the Internal Auditor.
- Keep abreast of developments regarding laws, regulations and emerging trends in internal auditing.
- Collaborate with Credit Union Regulators and Auditors to follow up on findings when called upon.
- Assist in preparing reports and memos to the Internal Auditor and management explaining the audits and reviews performed.
EDUCATION/QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of six (6) O’ Level subjects including English, Accounting and Mathematics.
- A minimum of six (6) A’ Level subjects including Accounting.
- Strong oral, written and business communication skills.
- Excellent Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with the Regulations governing Financial Institutions in St. Kitts and Nevis (preferably Credit Unions).
- Ability to conduct risk based auditing and reviews;
- Working knowledge of AML/CFT related laws, regulations and guidelines;
- Ability to work independently;
Application and two (2) references may be sent to:
The Human Resource Manager
Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited
P. O. Box 452, Corner of Chapel Street and Featherbed Alley
All applications must be received not later than Wednesday June 27, 2018